For a healthy mind, it is important having a healthy body. You must have control of your health and understand the risk factors which could affect it.
For instance, heart diseases and strokes are a huge threat to health. Heart disease is the most common cause of death among women living in the United States, while stroke is behind on the third position.
You can keep a healthy lifestyle and reduce the chances of getting ill. Measures must be taken to avoid becoming a victim of ailments that could affect your most vital organs. From today on, make the decision of changing and improving your habits.
“Heart diseases and strokes are a huge threat to health. Heart disease is the most common cause of death among women living in the United States, while stroke is on the third position.”
Some tips that might be useful for you throughout this transition process are given below:
1. Eat healthily: it is important to have a balanced diet. Fruits and vegetables intake is essential for the organism. Likewise, food such as whole grains, fat-free and reduced fat-dairy products, fish, beans, nuts, lean meats, poultry and eggs must be included in your diet plan.
Beware of canned fruit becausesome of these have added sugars or syrups. Make sure these fruits are packaged in water or in their own juice.
Remember that healthy eating is based on balance. So quitting your favorite meal is not necessary, even though it has high-fat content. The key is just having an occasional intake of this meal.
2. Work out: throughfrequentexercise you can reduce the risk of suffering illnesses such as high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, and diabetes, among others. Not only enhances physical health but can also improve mental health.
Moreover, working out can be focused on gaining flexibility and a have a good posture. By improving flexibility, you might be able to reduce the odds of getting injured, to have better coordination and balance, as well as to relieve stress.
Another benefit you might get of working out is reducing stress levels. Over time, you will realize that through this practice your living standards are improved, and it will boost both physical and mental health.
3. Do relaxation therapies: such therapies are a powerful antidote against stress. You can learn to take deep breaths to get rid of any kind of pressure. It is a technique that can be done right from the convenience of your home. It also helps to keep the stress levels under control in an easy and effective way.
4. Take up a hobby: such activities are more than pastimes, since spending time doing something you like and enjoy makes you feel like your braingoes on vacations. It is essential to forget about your worries and work-related concerns, and for some periods of time, focus your attention on a personal rewarding activity.
5. Have a pet: if you are an animal lover, make up your mind and get a pet. Psychologists use animals at a variety of therapies and they have gotten positive results.
Having a pet can also reduce stress, stimulate kids’ attention, increase the positive feelings, and foster principles such as responsibility and loyalty.
A research carried out by the American Heart Association has shown that dog owners have lower risks of suffering heart diseases. By caressing the animals, patients reach a relaxation stage which slows down the heart rate.