Coronavirus or Covid-19 causes a respiratory disease that manifests through symptoms such as cough, sneezing, fever, breathing difficulty and even muscle aches, these symptoms could appear in just 2 days or up to 14 days after exposure. Coughs and sneezes are the two symptoms that generate secretions and that have been spreading the virus worldwide.
Covid-19 was first detected at the end of 2019 in Wuhan, China, which is the seventh largest city in that country and number 42 in the world, which means that the flow of people entering and leaving this place is extremely high, especially in the market areas, where the virus apparently was generated.
- Recently, coronavirus cases have increased in different countries, for this reason, federal and state agencies are working to limit the spread of the disease and to develop effective methods against this virus, for the moment there is no vaccine, only the personal responsibility of following the below recommendations to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after touching your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If you cannot get antibacterial gel due to high demand, you can prepare it at home using 91% isopropyl alcohol and aloe vera, mix the two products in a container and let it rest, then it will be ready to use. After that, rub your hands with this mixture for about 40 seconds.
- Follow a correct diet to strengthen your immune system.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue when you cough or sneeze and then throw it away.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, using a common spray or towel cleaner.
- Avoid being in places with large crowds.
- Avoid contact with the other person at the time of greeting.
What to do if you get Coronavirus?
The first thing to do if you are diagnosed with the disease is be aware of the importance of isolating yourself to avoid generating infections and following these recommendations:
- Drink lots of liquids.
- Take pain medication.
- Stay home, except for medical care.
- Wear a mask when you are around other people.
- Do not share glasses, silverware, towels, bedding, or other items with others in your home.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue.
- Wash your hands often.
¿How is the economy affected by the Coronavirus?
China is recognized for the high impact that generates in the world economy, this is because a large part of its factories export their products and supply the markets of various continents. However, its economy has been affected due to the closure of its factories, quarantines and the preventive measures that have been implemented to prevent the spread of the disease.
China is not the only country affected by the Coronavirus, the impact on the global economy also affects the economic stability of different markets and investments in other countries, it even affects the financial life of ordinary people.
Tourism is one of the sectors with the greatest impact, since many of the travelers have decided to cancel their trips to avoid contagion, and the hotel sector has also decreased the number of guests in its facilities.
Therefore, it is necessary to prevent and protect personal finances against this disease, in addition to be prepared for the measures that the Health System may take, in which case take into account the following recommendations:
- If you regularly consume a specific medicine, it is important that you have enough medicine at home for several months.
- Have enough non-perishable food in your home. Thus, you will be prepared for a quarantine.
- Check with your workplace to see if you can perform your duties from home. There are companies like Citrix with advanced technology to work remotely.
- Consider life insurance that can give your family peace of mind.
Keep your finances organized, generate a budget to manage better your home finances, remember that at in our calculators section you will find guidance on these topics.
Read also ¿How Much Is Saved In Times of COVID-19?
The disease seems to be milder in children than in adults or older people, for this reason it is recommended to keep special care in people over 60 years old, since they are more likely to develop symptoms, however, many of the people who have suffered the disease have successfully recovered.