Mental health is an indispensable part of the general health of the human body; controlling thoughts, emotions and behaviors seems to be a challenge for many, but it is necessary to maintain good physical health. The human body is directly linked to the mental state and for this reason it reacts against any stimulus, affecting blood pressure, the heart, ulcers and even weight, sometimes this lack of control occurs due to a chemical imbalance in the brain, which can be triggered by the life style of the person.
Read also 5 Ways To Boost Personal Growth
The following are tips to control your emotions and have a better mental health:
• Resilience: Human beings have the possibility of developing this capacity to face our own problems, to overcome them and to be assertive in times of crisis. To achieve this, you must start by believing in yourself, trust your strengths and abilities, set goals, stick to them and have a positive view of yourself.
• Be aware of your emotions: All human beings can have depressive moods at some stages of their lives; however, it is important to recognize those emotions and address them looking for stability once you overcome the moment that the feeling generated.
• Control your impulses: The best way to control them is to think before acting or making important decisions, at this point consider breathing slowly.
• Positivism: Analyze your life and identify what are the factors for which you are grateful, this will allow you to find meaning in your life and feel positive, it is important that you also surround yourself with positive people.
• Eat, exercise and rest: “Healthy body, healthy mind”, maintain good physical health which will allow you to be more aware of your mental state.
• Don’t hold back: When you feel like you can’t control your emotions, don’t hold back, speak with people you trust or you can even ask for professional help.
When you feel that you are definitely not able to control your emotions by yourself, you can feel free to contact a professional, it is not an issue to be ashamed of, this is usually more common than you can imagine and you can find a solution through doctors or psychologist who will be ready to provide immediate help.
Below you will find the numbers provided by the Government for this type of cases:
- 911 If you believe it is a medical emergency that has affected your physical condition in some way.
- 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) this line has been enabled with experienced consultants.
- 1 877 SAMHSA7 (1-877-726-4727) to obtain treatment referrals from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). https://www.samhsa.gov/about-us/contact-us
Keep in mind that you can also access medical services at low cost, you can find the Health Centers assigned by the Government in the link https://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/ and also information about mental health providers here : https://espanol.mentalhealth.gov/pida-ayuda/seguro-de-salud
If you want your case to be part of a special study, you can contact the National Institute of Mental Health that supports research studies on mental health problems. Clinical studies are scientific studies to find better ways to prevent, detect, or treat illnesses.
If you want to educate yourself more about topics related to good mental health, we invite you to visit the following page: Mentalhealth.gov.