It is incredibly common to hear that money cannot buy happiness, but financial worries often leads to depression, anxiety and stress; who lead as well to more diseases. One way or another, people need money to accomplish their personal objectives. “If money doesn’t make you happy then you probably aren’t spending it right” said Elizabeth W. Dunn.
Although we concur on the fact that money is not everything in life or even the most important thing. Money guarantees a comfortable lifestyle, and not having to worry about money makes a difference on any person’s life. At Premier Consumer, we think that there are no adversities bigger than a person’s capacities, so if you are going through a rough time, keep reading for some tips on what you can do.
“At Premier Consumer, we think that there are no adversities bigger than a person’s capacities.”
Making money is considered a talent, but making money requires a wise administration of time, enthusiasm, creativity and ability to turn challenges into opportunities and ideas into well-executed projects. When countries face an economic crisis, their citizens have a bad time for a period of time, as well as when they live dictatorships. Countries with the hardest histories have learned from them and made them both wiser and more conscious on the value of the things they have. However, clever people are able to find a positive in every negative and make the best of any situation. Albert Einstein had an interesting perspective about crisis, he said:
Read Also: 10 Symptoms That You Are Over Your Head In Debt.
“Do not pretend that things will change if we always do the same. The crisis is the best blessing that can happen to people and countries, because the crisis brings progress. Creativity is born from the distress, as the day is born from the dark night. It is in crisis that invention, discovery and large strategies are born”
During a crisis Einstein recommends to be more proactive and creative because people should change their perspective about things, so they can learn to look at things upside down; to look “outside the box”. The crisis brings progress when it is overcome; this means that people can turn a crisis into an opportunity to create a good business if they approach it differently.
A business is made with brilliant ideas, hard work, constant efforts and creativity. The invention in times of crisis gives people the opportunity to make the creativity a part of their working routine. People need to have new ideas to hold and capture people’s attention. We all get stronger from bad experiences. Einstein explained that the real crisis is the crisis of incompetence:
“(…) the real crisis is the crisis of incompetence. The drawback of people and countries is laziness to find solutions to their problems, without crisis there are no challenges, without challenges life is a routine, a slow agony. Without crisis there is no merit. It is in times of crisis where the best of each person rises up”
Each crisis’s thought Einstein had is a warning to lazy people who want to survive a financial crisis without hard work and tons of efforts. The crisis brings people new challenges and opportunities to reach and do something special. Sometimes people perform at their best with the highest pressure, when they are forced to come up with a new plan.
Read Also: How to Make Effective and Better Decisions
Carlos Slim is an example about how to overcome a financial crisis. He lived and overcame the famous Mexican’s crisis in 1982. That year many people run away of Mexico, but Slim decided to face that situation and he continued to work in his business. Currently, he is owner of 180 companies and he is considers the second richest man after Bill Gates, according to The Forbes World’s Billionaires list.
This businessman is a recognized influencer because he is a powerful man who rose up in a country of difficulties. Proof of that is that he is the only Mexican in the Forbes’ list. He started to work when he was 8 years old. Learning since he was young the importance of negotiations and struggle. Here are 5 tips from Carlos Slim who fit Einstein’s philosophy of overcoming crisis:
1. “Any personal crisis—you have to use it to get stronger.” (New Yorker, June 1, 2009) People need to take benefits from any situation. During the crises, people must be astute and strategic. Each situation has to be faced with enthusiasm and optimism. Also, crisis is an opportunity to develop a new idea and gather a team able to help you to find ideas and solutions.
2. “Competition makes you better, always, always makes you better, even if the competitor wins.”(Questions and Answers,” Carlosslim.com, 2007) Competition leads to innovation, because people will do their best and be careful about their decisions. Also, competition forces people to focus in their goals and learn from their competitors.
3. “I don’t believe too much in luck. I believe in circumstances. I believe in work.” (George Washington University Global Forum, October 29, 2010) Success consists in much work, perseverance and creativeness. We are all able to create circumstances instead of making excuses.
4. “When we face our problems, they disappear. So learn from failure and let success be the silent incentive.” (American University of Beirut, March 18, 2010) During life’s journey, people have to overcome all kinds of challenges and obstacles. For that reason, people have to learn from their failures. Also, they need to take care about each step and plan ahead for future decisions.
5. Be practical, and have clear and attainable goals. (Slim’s top 10 suggestions to current and future entrepreneurs) People have to keep their focus on their goals all the time. Therefore, people need to be clear about their purpose.
Carlos Slim suggests that one of the best ways to overcome financial crisis is making new businesses from scratch. From Einstein’s perspective people feel motivated to overcome financial crisis because he explains that crisis motivates people to move forward. When things are hard, we learn to react and face rapidly any situations. Successful people are: creative, enthusiastic, and positive.
In conclusion, crisis can be used in our favor to create new plans and make the most out of economical crises. If you have a great idea, go for it, reach for it. The world needs more people who are able to inspire others and show them how it’s done. Each country needs creative leaders and new ideas to able to impact the world in a positive way. Besides, every person has a talent. For this reason, if you are going through a financial or personal crisis, trust Einstein and get creative, there is always a silver lining.